Car Accident Attorneys in New Orleans, Louisiana
When you’re out on the road, you can only control your own actions. Although you may be driving safely to protect you and your family, accidents can still occur due to the negligence of other drivers around you. In fact, in 2017, 760 fatalities occurred after car accidents in the state of Louisiana.
A car accident can cause a lot of suffering, both physically and emotionally. During this time, you need someone on your side to help you navigate the legal system, so you can focus on your health and moving forward with your life. At AKD Law, we will always support you with compassion and determination.
Why Do Car Accidents Occur?
Each accident can happen due to one main cause or a compilation of a few. Car accidents can occur for a number of different reasons including:
- Distracted driving: Distracted drivers are the top cause of car accidents within the United States today. Drivers who have their attention on a text message or try to eat while driving often lose sight of the road.
- Reckless driving: Drivers who speed without reason, quickly change lanes or tailgate other vehicles on purpose can cause car accidents to occur.
- Speeding: When drivers feel as if they need to get somewhere fast, they exceed the speed limit out on the road. Speeding causes accidents often, especially in slow-moving places.
- Weather: Weather such as rain and snow impair drivers and often cause serious accidents. Weather can coat the road, causing vehicles to spin, run off the road or slide.
- Car defects: It’s no surprise that your vehicle is a product made by human hands that might have a defect unknown to you. Car defects can also cause accidents while out on the road, causing rollovers and malfunctions.
- Drunk driving: Drinking causes drivers to lose focus. Impaired drivers cannot function properly while on the road, making driving extremely dangerous. These types of accidents occur every single day in the U.S.
Your Determined Car Accident Partner
Regardless of the reason for the accident, you need someone by your side to help you get back what was stolen from you. Perhaps you were unable to work due to an injury sustained in a crash. Or, maybe you suffered life-altering injuries that have left you with a pile of medical bills. Whatever the case may be, AKD Law is determined to help you receive the result you deserve.
We provide only the best legal counsel as the injury specialists in Louisiana. We continue to use our extensive resources to help maximize the compensation you receive for your injuries and loss. With AKD Law, you can focus on your health, allowing us to take care of the rest.