Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Serving New Orleans, Louisiana
Although car accidents are serious, pedestrian accidents are also dangerous occurrences that can happen at any time. These accidents can happen while you’re walking your pet, taking a nice jog around town, or even exiting your parked vehicle on the side of the street.
According to the CDC, one crash-related pedestrian death occurs every 1.6 hours. And, of course, this does not include pedestrian injury. If you’ve experienced an injury due to a pedestrian accident, you need the partnership of a determined attorney. At Alvendia, Kelly & Demarest, that’s exactly what we offer.
What Are the Most Common Pedestrian Accidents?
Some of the most common pedestrian accidents occur when pedestrians enter traffic, ignore walking signals at intersections or fail to use crosswalks. Most commonly, however, pedestrian accidents occur due to driver negligence. Examples of driver negligence may include:
- Driving while distracted
- Failing to yield to pedestrians at intersections
- Failing to signal before turning
- Failing to acknowledge weather conditions
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or other substances
What Do I Do After a Pedestrian Accident Occurs?
When a pedestrian accident occurs, there are certain steps you should take to ensure your safety and the safety of others involved.
- Call for help: Call 911 immediately to receive the help you and other parties need.
- Look for witnesses : You should try your best to gather the phone numbers and names of any witnesses if you’re able. This will help you with your case later.
- Consider consulting an attorney: Once you receive help for any injuries, consider consulting with an attorney as soon as possible after your accident. Do this prior to speaking to anyone else, including your insurer.
Injured? Our Team Is Here to Help.
Regardless of who is at fault, you need someone by your side to help you through recovery. Medical bills and other financial surprises can add up quickly. With the determined team at AKD Law as your partner, we can help you receive the results you deserve after your accident.
In Louisiana, we use our extensive resources and knowledge in injury law to help you pursue compensation for your injuries, lost wages and more.
Your recovery deserves all your attention. Let us help as you focus on your health.
Schedule Your Case Evaluation with Our Team Today
Any accident can cause physical and emotional pain. You’re not alone. Reach out to a professional attorney for the help you deserve.