10 Holiday Accident Facts
Holiday |November 23rd, 2018
It is that time of the year when everyone is getting ready for the holidays. From hanging decorations, and looking for the perfect tree, to buying all your loved ones the perfect gift. But did you know about all the accidents that happen during Christmas season? Maybe if you know about the most common holiday accidents, though, you may be able to prepare yourself for such accidents. Here are some interesting facts you might not know about:
- 5,800 accidents occur when people fall putting up decorations during the holiday season.
- Candle-started fires make up 13% of home fires each December.
- About 1,062 injuries are due to space heaters each winter.
- 13,000 people are seen per year for accident related to holiday decorations.
- 50% of Christmas free fires happen due to faulty lights, candle, and more.
- About 2,000 people every winter are treated for lacerations, sprains, and more due to tripping over extension cords.
- Over 55,000 people sustain injuries to back, neck, and shoulders each year due to carrying luggage.
- The average temperature of oil used in a turkey fryer can reach 350 degrees, which can lead to 3rd-degree burn.
- Over 100,000 people are treated for scalding accidents per year.
- 1 in 6 Americans suffers from foodborne illnesses each year.