WHAT IS WRONGFUL DEATH?
General |November 23rd, 2018
By Zach Russell
When someone passes away or is killed due to misconduct or negligence of another person, it is known as a Wrongful Death. Some elements of a Wrongful Death include:
1. The death of a human being
2. Caused by another’s negligence, or with intent to cause harm
3. The survival of family members who are suffering monetary injury as a result of the death
4. Medical malpractice that results in decedent’s death
5. Automobile or airplane accident
6. Occupational exposure to hazardous conditions or substances
7. Death during a supervised activity.
The death of a loved one is never easy, and no amount of money can make up for your loss. However, when the death is caused by the negligent, reckless, or intentional conduct of another, it is even more difficult to accept. Wrongful death attorneys can help you seek justice for your loss.
Wrongful death cases are complex, emotionally exhausting and financially draining. AKD Law is here to answer all of your questions, investigate your case, and fight for the justice you deserve. You are entitled to compensation for a variety of emotional and financial losses, such as:
- Emotional suffering
- Loss of decedent’s earnings
- Loss of love, care, and companionship
- Burial and expenses
- Children’s loss of guidance and supervision
- Present and future financial losses
- Medical expenses